One of my favorite songs now is Lady Gaga's song, "Paparazzi". I like the chorus "promise I'll be kind but I won't stop until that boy is mine baby you'll be famous, chase you down until you love me papa-paparazzi". To me its like Mariah Carey's song "Always Be My Baby", no matter what you do or where you go, you will always be mine (kind of stalker-like, isn' it? hehehehe).

Well, the first time I became aware of Lady Gaga was when I saw her perform in Miss World 2008. She sang "Just Dance" her first hit, while the delegates were parading in their swimsuits. That time I thought she was too cheezy. I mean, what's up with those creepy back-up dancers making all those crazy gestures with their hands, face devoid of expression? Lady Gaga was over-the-top, her hair was obviously fake (platinum blonde?) and so on and so forth.

But when her next hit song "Pokerface" hit the waves, I became a convert. I liked the song, it was catchy and now as I looked at her and watched her videos, she is becoming more and more entertaining to gaze upon. I believe that is her intention, to entertain and to amuse. Then I saw one of her interviews, I was suprised to find her very down-to-earth and humble. Really, there are more to Lady Gaga than meets the eye.

Anyway, here is a short bio of Lady Gaga:

Real Name: Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta

Birthdate: March 28, 1986

Birthplace: Yonkers, New York

Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, better known by her stage name Lady Gaga, is an American recording artist. She began playing in clubs in the New York City area while also working at Interscope Records as a songwriter for several established acts, including Akon. After hearing Gaga sing, he signed her to a joint deal with his own label, Kon Live Distribution. She then started to work on new material for her first studio album. She began working with a collective called the "Haus of Gaga" in 2008, and released her debut album The Fame. The album peaked in countries such as the United Kingdom and Canada to critical acclaim. To date, the album has spawned the international number one singles "Just Dance" (nominated for Best Dance Recording at the 51st Grammy Awards) and "Poker Face." After opening for New Kids On The Block and the Pussycat Dolls, Gaga headlined her first tour, The Fame Ball. Gaga has been influenced by fashion and has been appreciated for her provocative sense of style and her influence on other celebrities. Musically, she is inspired by glam rockers such as David Bowie and Queen, as well as pop singers such as Michael Jackson and Madonna.

Unknown Fact: Lady Gaga was schoolmates with the Hilton sisters, Paris and Nikki at Dwight School in New York when she was in high school.

Here's the lyrics for her song, "Paparazzi":

we are the crowd, we're c-coming out
got my flash on it's true, need that picture of you
it's so magical, we'd be so fantastico
leather and jeans, garage glamorous
not sure what it means but this photo of us
it don't have a price, ready for those flashing lights
'cause you know that baby I

I'm your biggest fan
I'll follow you until you love me, papa-paparazzi
baby, there's no other superstar
you know that I'll be your papa-paparazzi
promise I'll be kind, but I won't stop until that boy is mine
baby you'll be famous, chase you down until you love me
papa-paparazzi

I'll be your girl backstage at your show
velvet ropes and guitars, yeah 'cause you're my rockstar
in between the sets, eyeliner and cigarettes
shadow is burnt, yellow dance and we turn
my lashes are dry, purple teardrops I cry
it don't have a price, loving you is cherry pie
'cause you know that baby I

I'm your biggest fan
I'll follow you until you love me, papa-paparazzi
baby there's no other superstar
you know that I'll be your papa-paparazzi
promise I'll be kind but I won't stop until that boy is mine
baby you'll be famous, chase you down until you love me
papa-paparazzi

real good, we dance in the studio
snap snap, to that shit on the radio
don't stop for anyone
we're plastic but we still have fun

I'm your biggest fan
I'll follow you until you love me, papa-paparazzi
baby there's no other superstar
you know that I'll be your papa-paparazzi
promise I'll be kind but I won't stop until that boy is mine
baby you'll be famous, chase you down until you love me
papa-paparazzi

Here is her music video, "Paparazzi". Its so nice to watch, it has romance, betrayal, murder, fashion, vengeance, vindication, horror, and death all at the same time. Watch it and see for yourself:


0 nice comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin