I wanted to do a feature about David Choi for a long time now, I guess the time has come for me to do that. I first heard of him when I was searching Youtube for the music video of Britney Spears, "Womanizer". Imagine my surprise when I ran across his video, with his own rendition of the song.

Now those familiar with the song would know that normally (and I am just generalizing here) only a woman will dare to sing that song, especially if you are going to do it publicly. With lyrics like "You can play brand new to all the other chicks out here,But I know what you are, what you are, baby". Unless you are gay. (Not that I am saying that David is gay, mind you) The title itself is already suggestive.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I first tried to watch the video if he edited the lyrics or not. It turned out he didn't. Well that only made it more interesting for me (of course I subscribed to his channel). He also sang Lady Gaga's song, "Pokerface" and also Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It" ( I was disappointed though coz he changed the lyrics a bit. Instead of singing "I hope my boyfriend don’t mind it", he used the word girlfriend, tsk tsk). I even used one of his song, "Thinking of You" as one of the songs played in my blog. Now that's one of my favorites. He didn't changed the lyrics at all.

Here's his short profile:

Complete name: David Yong Choi

Birthday: March 22, 1986

Location: Orange County, California

David is a Korean American musician and YouTube video producer in Los Angeles. He performs a mix of original songs and covers of pop hits. Choi is the 19th most subscribed on YouTube with 117,800 subscribers and 3.8 million channel views. His humorous song "YouTube, A Love Song" received over 2 million views. The 23-year-old Choi released his first album Only You in October 2008. The video for the song "Won't Even Start" has received over 4 hundred thousand views. He has also worked as a songwriter and producer at Warner Chappell Music. He has done promotion for Starburst candy and J. C. Penney clothes.

Here is a sample of one of his songs, one of my favorites, "Thinking of You". Click here if you want to view his channel:


0 nice comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin