I was walking my dog along our usual nightly walk at about 9pm. (I rarely have to do this since I have a very irregular work schedule.) We usually turn out of our street onto the main side street in our subdivision, walk a half-mile south to the next major cross-street, then turn around and come back north up the other side of the street.

There is one intersection two blocks from my street that tends to creeps me out -- but only at night and only when I approach it going north toward my street. There just always seem to be too many shadows making too much movement. I've always put it off to a combination of the night, street lights, and my less-than-perfect eyesight and overactive imagination.

The dog and I were walking along, occasionally stopping so it could sniff something or relieve itself. As usual, I had headphones on connected to an MP3 player in my pocket playing music. My dog's leash was in my right hand and my right arm was extended from its pulling.

I tend to walk with my head down, so I watched the shadows of me and, to my right, the dog move about as we approached and then passed each streetlight. We were just coming up to the intersection that tended to bother me a bit. We were at the point, light-wise, where our shadows were elongated and almost directly in front of me.

Suddenly, there was a second shadow to my left. Startled, I whipped my head around, thinking there was someone coming up behind me whom I hadn't heard due to my headphones and that the dogs had been too absorbed to notice. There was no one there. I looked back at the shadow, which was starting to move away to where you couldn't really distinguish shapes, and the second shadow was still there for a second, then it disappeared.

I tried to rationalize this as there being a double shadow caused by the street lights, but there was only one shadow of my dog. Additionally, the shadow was about 6-7 inches taller than me, both its arms were at its sides, and it did not have any dog leash. I have no idea what this was and haven't seen it since.

Charmedwishes...
Fantasy Myspace Comments
Blessed be!

0 nice comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin