Alien Veggies1. Hellraiser XXVI, The Root of All Evil: Sometimes turnips just go bad.
2. Run for your lives! The killer cucumber is on the loose. Arrragh! *runs away shrieking like a girl.
3. Talk about creepy looking babies. This one resembles something from a Harry Potter film.
4. These dodgy looking vegetables featured in an advertising campaign for Progress Kids milk, claiming their milk has “a third of your child’s daily nutrition. Because vegetables are scary.” Bet parents had a great time getting their kids to eat their greens after that!
5. What’s cooler than Alien? Why, veggie Alien, of course. Aren’t these images awesome? OK, while they’re not exactly images of real veggies, they just had to be included for the creep factor. They were created by artist Till Nowak and inspired by the works of HR Giger and Giuseppe Arcimboldo.
Veggie alien in detail. We think it could do with some acidic drool to make it more realistic.
6. Alien offspring of a ravished parsnip.
Petrified Pumpkins1. One more click and the pumpkin gets it.
2. OK, OK, don’t explode on us, we’ll do whatever you want!
3. The creepy brood of a half-ton pumpkin.
4. Certainly wouldn’t like to meet this pumpkin on the street corner. It looks ready to bite the legs off anyone who’d get close enough.
5. Scared enough, yet?
6. Inspired by cartoons, pumpkin carver Karen Quinn, comes up with great new designs every year, like this scary one.
7. Noel, from Fantasty Pumpkins, has got pumpkin carving down to a fine art. The idea for this pumpkin head was taken from the movie Mars Attack.
8. Doing the ‘Haka’.
9. One for all the Star Wars fans.
10. No one will mess with this veggie.